VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Keith Bundy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Bundy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 21:52:04 -0500
We have been having problems with one of our computers which connects by
phone to the Internet.  When we get on the Internet, we can load one or two
pages, then every time we try to load another page, we get the message
"Cannot find server".  We also found that, when this happens, we have become
disconnected from the net; however, the computer doesn't recognize that it
is disconnected.

This evening, my son was on the computer and, without even trying to log
onto the Internet, he got the message "Dial-up networking unable to start.
Please restart your computer and try again.  If the problem persists, please
reinstall dial-up networking."  Any suggestions as to what the problem might
be would be appreciated.  By the way, if we have to reinstall dial-up
networking, how is this accomplished, as it doesn't seem to be a program
that can be added or removed through the Control Panel?

Thanks for any help.

Keith Bundy
Pastor Keith Bundy
Church of the Nazarene