VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Blanton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:48:24 -0500
Me, Mary and my DH, Steve?  Actually, microwaving XP MIGHT just help it.  Not
much else can.

I am waiting with NOT bated breath.  Two wwekends ago, at the WORST possible
moments, one of the laptop drives didn't just crash.  (Did you nlow there is
NOT ONE COMPUless or Best Buys ANYWHERE in Macon, Bibb County, GA or even down
to Warner Robins AF Base.)  It did a Dale Earnhart number.  Now, for some
UNKNOWN reason, the owner of this now-boat anchor is having an unending love
affair with Refurvished computers.  Personally, I have had more BAD experiences
that GOOD oes with Refub laptops, thanks , mainly, to this merry group of men
we travel with evenm weekend in Janumary

Well, when his NEW boat anchor arrives in town,it is coming HERE, so I cam work
"that voo doo that I do".  (OH, GOODY!!! My SIster-In-Law's computer is down
My Father0In0Law has NEVER been able to get his new toy (from us) to work quite
right and he keeps crashing his Flight Simulator.  Personally, I thing we habe
TWO OTHER  boat anchors on out hands,  How friend with the Bay Liner wiyld LOVE
to heave then into Lake Lanier for us,)  I am to understand it has XP loaded in
it.  Well, if we can managed to dig up all the Dell drivers for NT, XP is
HISTORY,  (Anybody willing to help a poor, hapless slave to other people's
computers?)  I have ALREADY informed all the people that seem to think I / WE
are their own persinal repair ship that I DO NOT, and WILL NOT to XP.  As soon
as we download all the drivers on THIS maching, the Dell' Hard Drive is in for
a REVOLTING suprise when I tell it to "FORMAT A:" from an NT Boot Disk.
BYE-BYE and GOOD RIDDENCE to XP!!!

Give me Linux or Palm OS or Give me DEATH.  Tes, I am diing into Palms.  OH
GOODY!!!

MaryB.