VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Fettgather <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Fettgather <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 20:01:57 -0600
The next meeting of the Real-eyes Computer Users Group will be held on
Tuesday, February 8, at the Center for Blindness and Low Vision, 2801
Wyandotte, Third Floor, Kansas City, on Tuesday, February 8, beginning at
5:00 PM.

Agenda:

Last month's trivia winner, Ted Sparks, will be awarded his free CD with
lots of great programs!  He knew the answer to the trivia challenge--the
longest word that can be typed with the left hand using the QWERTY
keyboard: Stewardesses!
Maybe politically incorrect, but correct for the purposes of the contest.

More Trivia:
Instant Gratification

A trivia question will be presented, and this time, the prize will be
awarded immediately for the right answer!

Free Tapes:
A gentleman by the name of Sergio Ammirata  has   developed a Windows '98
screen reader for the incredible price of only $50!
Though not for everyone, in certain situations, with specific applications,
this package works quite well, and tapes will be distributed as he was
interviewed on the popular Internet talk show called "Blindline" from the
American Council of the Blind's A C B Radio.

Feature:

We will have an opportunity to listen to Simply Talker 98 in action.  It
will be demonstrated with various applications, and I think that you will
be impressed.

Also, as many of you know, the Real-Eyes web site has a unique "Talk"
facility allowing anyone that logs on to our web page to talk instantly
with others.
On Tuesday, we hope to be joined by other members of Computer Users Groups
around the nation, and we will talk with them to demonstrate and explain
how easy the "talk" feature is to use.

As always, questions are encouraged, and we hope to see as many of you
there as possible.

Thanks very much.

        Visit the Real-Eyes Blind Computer Users Group of Kansas City at
http://www.real-eyes.org