From:
Steven Sills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 07:57:00 -0800
David Gillett wrote:

> On 15 Mar 2002, at 11:24, Steve Sills wrote:
>
> > I have a PC that up until last week could see and access a server
> > on the network. All of a sudden this PC can see all other network
> > resources, but not this particular server. Nothing has changed on
> > the PC or the Server, that I am aware of.  Any ideas as to what
> > the problem is?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Steve
>
> 1.  When you say "see", what do you mean?  Do you mean that it no
> longer appears in "Network Neighborhood"?  Can you ping it by name?
> Can you ping it by address?

Reply: "See" means I can "see" other PCs in the Network Neighborhood.  I
can ping by name and by address.

> 2.  When you say "on the network", is this youwr own network, the
> network where you work or go to school, the Internet, or some other
> network?

Reply: Network refers to our company network.

>   Can other PCs still "see" the server?

Reply: Yes, I can see other PCs on the network from this machine.  Also,
other users can see the server in the network neighborhood.

> Dave Gillett
>
>               The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                      support at our newest website:

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml