From:
Cesar Mendoza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 07:26:26 -0500
I have a similar scenario home and a small 8 port 10/100 hub did the trick
for me. I have 4 PCs, 2 laptops and 2 desktop systems, the oldest of the
laptops has 2 NICs and is connected to the internet via a cablemodem (this
pc is turned on all day long) and shares the internet access via the hub
using Win98 ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). For security all PCs run
ZoneAlarm (it's free).

This could be a solution for you if you have an old system and are willing
to transform it into a dedicated internet connection server, because even
though you can use it, that would slow down a bit the connection sharing.
The big PRO here is that you have 2 networks only compromising the outside
network (with one PC - the ICS server) over the internet.

Anyway this is only a way to go, not the definitive solution, you'll get
many other alternatives from the people on the list.

Cesar Mendoza