C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 09:58:39 -0800
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Kathy Pink wrote:

I liked Cornerstone , but> they have a waiting list.  I don't know if I
> would like it permanently.  If I moved there
> permanently , there is no turning back , then I
> will be forced in to an institution.

Kathy Jo,

I strongly urge you to get on the waiting list anyway.  You never know
when your name might come up!!  It just might be sooner then you
think.

I know you have mixed feelings about Conorstone right now, but I
remember how happy you said you were when you went to see it for the
first time.  You said there were people your age there and that was
one thing you realy liked about it!!  While it may not be perfect,
nothing in life is.  But if more independence is want you want,
Conoorstone just might be a good start!!  It sure sounds lots better
then the place you're in right now.

Always remember that no one else can force you into anything unless
you let them.

We're all here for you!!-Gary