C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"K. Salkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:03:08 -0500
Rayna,

I'm glad you're feeling better today; it's been my experience that my body hurts more the day after a fall than immediately afterwards.  Aspirin or other analgesics taken right away seem to help.

Falling was a big issue while I was growing up.  My mother would be concerned each time I fell, but I think as I kept falling with no resulting injuries, she just got used to it.  My last big fall which resulted in a broken tibia, really frightened her.

Now my doctor tells me I must take calcium supplements.  Fine.. but they're so big!  I feel as if I'm swallowing horse pills.

      Kathy S.