BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Think about it: do you really __want__ Face.Recognition.Software?" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:52:27 -0800
Wild turkeys were reintroduced up here about ten years ago and they have
been very successful thus far.  We see good sized flocks in corn fields and
the edge of woods frequently.  There are a few hunters and they are
moderately successful so keep the turkey numbers in check.  Wild turkeys
are not as stupid as their domestic cousins so hunting them is said to be a
real challenge.  We raise domestic turkeys--just a few for ourselves and
friends to have fresh turkey for Thanksgiving.  And I do give thanks--for
fresh turkey.  Last year was a bumper year with our largest weighing in at
44# dressed weight--and no that's not New York dressed.  Ruth