AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:06:10 GMT
Hello, Trevor,

We've had a thread on the Universal Access List (uaccess-l) about
access to relational databases, like Oracle's.  I'm no expert on
library systems, but for libraries I suspect you are dealing with
a different kind of database.  I've not heard of OVID, but by your
mention of a "browser" being used, I imagine these library databases
are available on web sites.  If so they are possibly subject to 508
and ADA rules.  However I don't know that the Web Access Initative (WAI)
has tackled access to databases via the web (except for hypertext
databases designed as sets of linked web pages).  What kind of interface do
your library databases provide?

Cheers from Chiswick,

John
--

--
Access the word, access the world       Tel/fax +44 181 742 3170/8715
John Nissen                             Email to [log in to unmask]