AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
PETER W VAKUNTA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:27:41 -0500
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

Playing the ostrich is a one way of facing this dismal unfolding
imbroglio. But it is a very inane mode of confronting burning problems.
This trumpeting about attacks on "our civilizations" just sounds plain
infantile to me. Every people has a civilization they are extremely
proud of. Mine is called BAMUNKA and I will not trade  it for anyone
else's. However, this does not preclude me from respecting other
peoples' civilizations.

One little thought for all those jingoistic bigots out there: This
world is a mosaic of civilizations. Take away one and the entire pack
collapses. It is like a game of  dominos! Hope that clears the myopia a
wee bit.

PETER VAKUNTA