AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ademola iyi-eweka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 08:04:50 -0600
President Yarl:

I am writing to congratulate you on your elevation to the Presidency of the
African Association in Madison.
Your willingness to serve after some three/four years continous service in
two or more past executives shows your dedication to the cause of  the
Association. You have upheld the constitutional provisions of the our
constitution.  The smooth transfer of power will contribute to the stability
of the organisation.  Thanks for willing to serve and thereby preventing
another constitutional crisis. I am joining in the your call for VOLUNTEERISM.
Mr. President, you can also call on people to help even if they did not
volunteer

Members of the  Association should  please, volunteer to serve in any
capacity in the association. Come out of the "wood works" and contest
elections.  For five years now, we have been recycling the same group of
volunteers/officers.
It is slowly moving in the direction of Husbands handing over to their Wives
or vice versa.  I do not think that that is the direction we want the
Association to take.  COME OUT, CONTEST ELECTIONS AND WIN OR LOOSE, GO HOME
satisfied you have played your part.  It is not sufficient to simply to pay
your dues and attend African  parties.

VICE PRESIDENT:
 Madam congratulation. You are super woman.  I gave the political fight of
my life to take your position. You defeated me in a LANDSLIDE  even your in
absence. I lost my electoral deposit. I do not think I will ever challenge a
woman again for any office. CONGRATULATION TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE NEW
EXECUTIVE.

Iyi Eweka.