AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hedi Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:20:22 -0500
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

This information is from Peggy Wireman - please distribute to your
friends and others who might be interested! Thanks, Hedi

As a fellow CU member, I want to share information with you about my
new book and request your help in letting other people know about it.
The book, "Alice in Bushland: Fact and Fantasy in the Bush
Administration," is short, funny but factual.  I wrote it because many
of the programs and policies which CU members support are now being
threatened by this administration and will be more so in a new Bush
administration.  To cite only one example, although Bush praises WIC,
his 2006 budget cuts it.  He also plans to make deep cuts in housing
vouchers.

The book is short and funny, and not particularly nasty and can be
shared with those of many political persuasions you can read it quickly
& pass it to friends and family. It can be obtained at Madison
bookstores or from my web site at http://aliceinbushland.com, or e-mail
me at [log in to unmask] Price is $14.95 plus tax (if in
Wisconsin) and/or shipping if ordered from the web site.

I am asking you to notify your contacts, perhaps put a link to my web
site on yours.  Below is a sample e-mail which you can cut and paste or
e-mail me back for another copy without this introduction. I'm
particularly interested in getting information about the book into swing
states. I'm also looking for an angel who will buy lots of copies at a
discount to let me place in beauty parlors in key states. I also can
provide discounted copies to an organization that wants a number of
copies to resell them or provide them to staff or volunteers.

I also would be happy to provide you sections of the book to put in any
newsletter or notices to your members. It includes data on No Child Left
Behind, the new Medicare law, the environment, Iraq, the budget and
negative advertising.  Here is the sample e-mail:

If you e-mail me at [log in to unmask], I can e-mail you this statement
which you can e-mail on to friends and your e-mail list. You can also
call me at 608 221-4470 if you have ideas about how to publicize the
book or know of an angel who will buy lots and get them into beauty
parlors and into places where people are writing letters to the editor.
Thanks, Peggy

There's a recently published book out about the Bush Administration
that you might be interested in. My friend and colleague, Peggy Wireman,
is the author, and I'm actively assisting her in getting the word out
about this book. Please check out the information below and the related
website. Consider passing it on to folks you think might also be
interested in learning more facts about the Bush administration, having
a few chuckles, and helping to spread the word to defeat Bush.

Alice in Bushland Fact and Fantasy in the Bush Administration provides
a  playful and provocative look at the Bush administration. "Alice
suddenly found herself falling, falling...into a deep hole. She swung
onto a hanging chad and found herself in BUSHLAND."

The book includes both funny, imaginative episodes and accurate fact
sheets about jobs, Bush's budgets, the environment, overtime pay,
Medicare, the Patriot Act  and Iraq. Cartoons by Kevin Wyeth include one
of Ashcroft as a snake curled around the Bill of Rights.

Among many others, Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) gives high marks
to "Alice." Quoted on the back cover, she says, "'Alice in
Bushland' is an imaginative and critical take on the Bush White House.
Peggy Wireman's playful humor underscores disturbing facts about the
Bush administration's handling of everything from Enron to Iraq.
Alarming and entertaining at the same time."

Another reader commented, "Everything that I read in that book is
very well hidden from the average person. Just following normal news
casts, newspaper and E-mail type news does not uncover many of the facts
presented in this book."

Check the web site http//www.aliceinbushland.com where you can download
the table of contents, the sections on jobs, and very useful action
suggestions. You can order the book there, through Amazon.com or your
local bookstore. If the bookstore or your library does not have a copy,
they can order it. The ISBN number is 0-9758848-0-8.

For this book to have impact in time for the election, people must
learn of it quickly. Please forward this message to people on your
e-mail list and ask them to pass it on. Remember Bush "won" Florida
by 538 votes; Gore won in Wisconsin by only 6,000.

Just think -- if you were to E-mail 10 friends who want to defeat Bush
and then they were to pass the E-mail on to 10 of their friends to pass
on to 10 of theirs...in four rounds you will have referred 100,000
people to a web site where they can at least chuckle a bit, download
accurate data on Bush's jobs record and find some very useful action
suggestions. Letting 100,000 people know where they can get a book which
will provide factual data for letters to the editor or to share with
those wavering could make a difference with very little effort on your
part. Thanks for considering it.

If you buy the book, or even look at the web site and like the table of
contents, please show it to your local bookstore and library and ask
them to carry it. Remember Bush won by 538 votes in Florida; Gore won in
Wisconsin by only 6,000. Having bookstores and libraries carry it will
help get the word out.