AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hedi Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:08:01 -0500
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

Below you will find information about an important fundraiser. I would
like to urge everyone to support this effort, by either attending or
sending a donation directly to Call for Peace. This fundraiser is an
effort to raise funds to support the CFP performers travel expenses for
their trip to the Global Summit for Nobel Peace Prize Laureates in Rome!
Call for Peace are the FIRST EVER performers from the United States at
this event.

There will also be a featured article in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal
about this historic occasion in an upcoming issue. If I hear when, I'll
be sure to send out word. Hopefully our own 2 local papers will also
choose to do a feature story on this very momentus occasion!!! As this
is a national story, it is possible that the Journal-Sentinal Article
will be picked up nationally!

Call for Peace is our very own LOCAL TREASURE...it is important that
all of us who talk the talk about peace and global understanding, reach
into our pockets and walk the walk by helping to proudly send Call for
Peace off to foreign soil to represent world peace. Anything less would
truly be embarassing for our community.

Read on about the event below. CFP have been working hard to create a
fun, classy and exciting event to promote the hard work done by
Madison's Unsung Heroes!

Thank You  - Hedi Rudd

Call for Peace Drum & Dance Company
&
The Madison Times

PRESENTS....

Madison's 1st Celebrity Night

November 7th, 2003
at The Madison Concourse Hotel
Doors open at 7:30 for cocktails and dessert
Show begins at 8:30

Tickets are $25.00
call 256-7808 to reserve by October 15 or send check to Bayview
Foundation, INC. 601 Bayview, Madison, WI 53715.

Celebrity night will be a fun night of impersonations, comedy and
television show parodies hosted by mistress of ceremonies - Ms. Patti
Loew, former host of Weekend, Wisconsin Public Television and welcome by
Mayor Dave Cieslewicz. The Gong Show Talent Showcase will feature a
panel of judges including:

Mona Winston - Urban League of Greater Madison
Jan Miyaski - WORT-FM
Anne Katz - Wisconsin Assembly for Local Arts Agencies
David Haas - Bayview Foundation, INc.
Randy Sisulak - National Security, Washington D.C.

Pirated treasures from the Caribbean will be on display by deep sea
diver Scott Mitchen from Timeless Timber. Call For Peace will debut
their new DVD - Dancing the Dream of Peace - A New Hope for Humanity.
The annual Call for Peace Award for work in Peace, Social Justice and
Environment will be presented.

This event is a fundraiser for Call for Peace Drum and Dance Co. and
their efforts to promote "celebrities" and/or people of influence and
their services to the community that often go unrecognized. Proceeds
will go to Call for Peace and will help benefit a NEW series of
Educational Forums: Unheard Stories from Dane County Non-profits, to be
presented by celebrities and professional storytellers at Bayview
International Center for Education and the Arts and the Lussier Family
Heritage Center - November 12-December 8th.