AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
mathew jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:51:26 -0700
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

I was very touched,elated and proud of the involvement
of South Africa, Ghana, Nigeria and the trend-setting
vocalization by other African leaders in the Liberian
situation.
The fact that Kofour and Mbeki went to Liberia to help
that arrogant S.O.B. save face was in and of itself an
unprecedented shift in the inter-African political
discourse.
There is a movement taking root in Afrca among our
leaders that is changing the business-as-usual
attitude that had dogged African politics for so long.
What happens anywhere on our continent is the business
of every African.
This emerging doctrine will take over the distructive
business-as- usual attitude which has until now
enabled African leaders to abuse their people in ways
that are unthinkable.
This is also indicative of the gradual movement
towards a United Africa. One of Africa's major problem
is the shortage of professional. If I remember
correctly, Africa spends nearly four billion dollars a
year on expatriates from Europe and the U.S.
Meanwhile, there are now well over one hundred
thousand African professionals in the U.S. alone.and
this includes a Nigerian scienctist that N.A.S.A.
cannot do without right now, to doctors,lawyers,
professors,accountants,scienctists,,researchers,and
computer wizards(KEL thats for you) among many other
professions. We need to make sacrifices and go home.
We cannot have the best education then remain here or
in Europe and expect significant and rapid changes to
occure back home. It is not gonna happen. We have to
go make it happen.

http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/aug2003-daily/14-08-2003/world/w5.htm