AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fabu Phyllis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:50:54 -0500
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

Hello Hedi,

Fascinating report.  I have a line in a poem, "How do Black Latinos stretch
between two worlds?  I think that addresses the racial inequality even
amongst the same nationality.  I am keeping a copy for my files.  Say I just
got an email from someone connected with 4H wanting youth participants.  I
never want to give names of children unless I know that the program in
culturally inclusive and welcoming.  Also that there will be facilitators of
color and finally, if I have some bare bones outline about the event.  I do
this because children are faced with enough, not to just go to a program
that does more damage than good.  Tradionally 4H in Wisconsin means
white,conservative and rural.  Your thoughts?  I sent these questions to the
email address listed, but it bounced back.  Do you know the person/s
involved?  Peace from FABU