AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
mathew jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 09:42:40 -0700
Hi Vera,I see where you are comming from, but if you
are familiar with the history of the military's
behavior in Africa,you will understand my concerns.

Secondly,it is pre-mature to give a global perspective
to the issue of military training for our young
because we do not expect to be invaded from the
U.S,Europe or a China looking to conquer new lands to
ease over-crowding;well,atleast not yet,because we
have not developed anything worth defending and dying
for.

Thirdly, have you forgotten that most of the military
who over-threw governments in Africa,had some ties to
the U.S,either from being trained here or direct
connections to the CIA.

Fourthly,although I absolutely hated the corrupt
government of Jawara,the group that overthrew him,all
had military training in Georgia here in the U.S.and
guess what;they were all peace-keepers under the
U.S.payroll.

I hope I have made sense enough to make you
rethinkyour position on this issue.Thanks