AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
mathew jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 11:55:04 -0700
We are now inviting contributions to the Africana
Newsletter maiden issue due June 30th.,2002.Short
stories
between 250 and 750 words have a better chance of
being published earlier.Are there impactful events
happening in your neighbourhood or anything of
interest you wish the public to know,it's up to you.If
you belong to one of Africa's 1000+ tribes, is there
some unusual and educative cultural activities,way of
life you would like to share with us? Then write about
it and get published.We are interested in everything
you have to share.We will feature an African family
each issue.We will also visit workplaces to interview
Africans inorder
to better understand their contributions, their
workplace enviroment,their fears and concerns.Is there
an event you attended e.g marriage, naming and have
pictures to support it,write about it and send us the
pictures to;The Editor,The Africana Newsletter,1809
Carver Street,Madison, W.I.53713.OR temporary email at
[log in to unmask] anticipate moving from home to
a  more visible office location pretty soon.You all
are welcome to stop by.Together we can make good and
great things happen.I am looking to interview the
current African association president and the
committee about the association goals now and into the
future.Thanks to all.    Mathew .