AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:06:21 -0600
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]> 03/17/00 04:56PM >>>
From:  Jason Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]> 03/17/00 11:32AM

Hi Peter -

Because people of color, women, poor, and LGBT youth are disproportionately  targetted by tobacco companies,  I thought that Communities United folks  may be interested in this message from the Tobacco Free Dane County  Coalition.   This is part of a program to create targetted prevention  efforts to promote the health of our communities and this relates to  middle schools.  Please forward where you feel is appropriate

- Jason Rasmussen
Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network
www.glsenwi.org=20

Attached are two promotional flyers announcing the Thomas T. Melvin
Program's "B-Free From Tobacco Middle School Teen Dance."

The dance is free and open to the first 500 attendees. It will be held on Friday,  March 30, 2000 at the Madison Turner Hall off of Stoughton Road on Madison's  east side - 6:30 pm registration, 7:00 - 10:00 pm dance. It's a lock in  and refreshments will be available.

We would appreciate it if you would  utilize the flyers attached to the accompanying email to help promote the dance among the middle schoolers you come in contact with. You will need  Adobe Acrobat to open (this is free off the web from Adobe software). Please  feel free to reproduce. We've been doing so on colorful paper stock. The full flyer can be posted; the flyer with 4 mini-flyers can be cut into fours  and given to kids to take home.

We are still looking for a few more "chaperones." The duty should be "light" and enjoyable. Let me know if you wold like to help out. We will also be publically announcing TFDCC's  mini-grant winners prior to the dance.

Should you have any questions, please do contact me.
Thanks very much!
Rick Orton
TFDCC Coordinator
Madison Department of Public Health
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, Rm 507
Madison, WI 53709
608-294-5302
608-266-4858 Fax