AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ademola iyi-eweka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 1980 11:16:22 -0600
Welcome to the New Year, New Century, and a New Millennium.   We thank God
that,  going 36 hours into the New Year,  nothing extraodinary has happened
, inspite of all the premonitions and dread , that has engulfed the whole
world for the past two  months.   We pray that the "NEW EVERYTHING" makes
all us healthier, wealthier and happier.   Added to this " New Everything",
is the fact that  you have a " New Executive" to help pilot the ship of the
African Association for this year.   We hope that with your cooperation, the
new executive will succeed.  The new executive can not do it alone.  We need
everybody on the deck.    " More hands make a light work," the proverb says.

A non-profit organisation such as ours,  need a lot of sacrifice in terms of
time, money and SWEAT.  It needs a lot of volunteering.    We all need to "
serve our time" serving whatever organisation we belong to,  be it national
or continental.  Those who volunteered and were elected to serve this year,
are in fact serving their time for the African Association of Madison, WI.

The following are your officers for this year:
a) Ademola Iyi-Eweka-President
Tel:6088-833-8248
b) Pierre Claver Gbedey-Vice-President
Tel:608-244-5844
c) Adelaide M.Fiske
Tel: 608-245-1441
d) Elinor L.C.Gbedey-Treasurer.
e) Abou Bakarr Amara-Financial Secretary
Tel: 608-244-580

African Festival-2000:
I am seizing this opportunity to call on and appeal to members,  to
volunteer to serve in the various committees set up,  to make the festival a
success.    The African Fesival is YOURS and nobody else.    The Secretary
fo the Festival Planning Committee will be sending out a posting soon.
Congratulation and thanks to the " Old Executive " that has done a good job
on behalf of us all.
On behalf of the African Association of Madison,  I wish everybody a HAPPY
NEW YEAR, NEW CENTURY AND NEW MILLENNIUM.

Ademola Iyi Eweka
President African Association Inc.
Madison-Wisconsin
Tel: 608-833-8248