VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 09:59:21 -0500
7bit
From:
Harry Ryburn <[log in to unmask]>
> Has anyone gotten the MS reader 2.0 with the text to speech option to work
> with anything other than free books.  I'm wondering how to tell what books
> it works with and which ones it doesn't.  Microsoft was at the NFB
> convention this year, and told us about their new accessable book
> reader.  Of course they didn't tell us it wasn't going to work with most
of
> the books we might want.  It's not very good p.r. for them when it doesn't
> even work with the free promotional books they have.
> --
> Jim Shaffer
Hi Jim,
Wow! Guess I got lucky on the first try. After I downloaded the reader, and
TTS files and installed them bought a sci-fi book from Amazon.com.  I do
find the female voice a little too high pitched and hard to understand.  The
Microsoft webpage for the Reader is a little hard to navigate, and the
instructions on telling which books will work the TTS program is confusing.
Guess I'll have to re-read them.until I do.

I'm I being paranoid? after I used the reader a couple of time my IBM
HomePage Reader can't access the mail server! :-)

Harr
.