VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 10:44:12 -0400
From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
From: "Jonathan Mosen" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>; "[log in to unmask] Com"
<[log in to unmask]>; "[log in to unmask] Com"
<[log in to unmask]>; "[log in to unmask] Com"
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2001 3:55 AM
Subject: Announcing the ACB Radio Promotional CD

In the last eighteen months, many blind people from over 60 countries
have
discovered ACB Radio, and now make regular visits to our site. However,
there are still many others who have Internet access who have yet to
hear
about ACB Radio. We now have a tool designed to reach those people, and
if
you like what we're doing on ACB Radio, you can play your part by
spreading
the word.

We've just completed the production of an ACB Radio Promotional CD. This
CD
runs for just under 40 minutes. It tells you about ACB Radio, plays you
samples of all our four streams, and explains just how easy it is to
tune
in. It also discusses how people can encourage their local radio
information
service to take up our offer of carrying ACB Radio programming free of
charge, so that those who don't have Internet access can hear our
programming.

There are a number of ways in which you can hear this CD. Firstly, it is
available for listening on line, as a low bandwidth mono stream suitable
for
modem users, and a high bandwidth stereo stream for those with DSL,
cable,
or other high speed connections. Even if you're an ACB Radio veteran,
you
may like to take a listen to the stream. ACB Radio is now such a large
site
that there may be programmes and features that you didn't know we had.

Another on-line version we offer is a 51 megabyte zip file. In this zip
file
are 7 MP3 files encoded at 192 KBPS stereo. These files are suitable for
burning onto an audio CD, using software like Easy CD Creator. We
encourage
you to make copies of this CD, play it at computer clubs or consumer
group
chapter meetings, and give it away to your friends.

These on-line versions of our CD can be found at
http://www.acbradio.org
and then choose the link near the top of the page that says "listen to
our
promotional CD or read an Introduction to ACB Radio".

Finally, we hope to have a large number of copies to give away on CD at
the
ACB Convention in Des Moines.

We hope that you enjoy this new promotional resource and that you'll use
it
to help us spread the word. It's the positive endorsements of our
listeners
that has seen ACB Radio continue to grow, so thank you.

Jonathan Mosen
mailto:[log in to unmask]
Work Phone: +64-6-348-8127
Mobile: +64-21-4Mosen, +64-21-466-736

* without the quote marks.                                 *