AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"AAM (African Association of Madison)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Weller, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 07:10:28 -0500
Ghanaian President Jerry Rawlings has dismissed speculation that RUF
leaderFoday Sankoh could face trial in Ghana, the Pan African News Agency
(PANA) reported on Tuesday. "As long as I remain the president of Ghana I
will not allow that monster to be tried here," Rawlings said. "That man is
fit for the a psychiatric hospital or a zoo. I hope media reports that he
might be tried in Ghana are speculations." Under a U.S.-sponsored draft
resolution before the United Nations Security Council, a joint Sierra Leone
- international tribunal could be convened in a third country in the
sub-region, depending upon the security situation in Freetown.

Thank you Jerry, but what shall we do with him? That's the question!

Have a good week-end.

Ben