AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"AAM (African Association of Madison)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
African2000 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 23:44:27 -0500
For Immediate Press Release!
Madison Embraces African Fest 2000

On Saturday, August 19, the Madison Community will embrace Africa Fest 2000
for the third year in a roll.  It all began in 1998 under the theme,
“building and bridging communities.”  Ever since, it has become a vehicle
“to promote and preserve the UNDERSTANDING of African Culture and heritage,
and to unite the diverse ethnic and racial groups of the Madison community."
Like in previous years, the 2000 African Festival will again take place at
the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison, Wisconsin.

From 10 A.M to 5:30 P.M., visitors will be entertained to a diverse array of
activities that would keep boredom permanently at bay.  Participants would
be allowed the full participation of the human spirit in the captivating
moment of African dance, music, storytelling and more.  You will sample
food, share past experiences and visit with the vendors that have always
given you the satisfaction for your money.  It is a day the whole family
could come together and enjoy.  It is a moment to immerse one’s self in the
culture and pride of the Africans in Madison and to spend time talking,
laughing and thinking seriously about how much people share in common and
what makes Africa tick.  It is all about fun and learning and a lot of this
will go on and on until the sun comes down.

We will gather again in the evening, from 8 P.M. to midnight, to dance to
the rhythm of African music with all the variations the continent has to
offer.  It is a night specially meant to thank all our loyal customers over
the years and we will do it in style.  The Rising Star, STEADY BONGO AND HIS
WEST AFRICAN TROUPE will provide the latest music from the continent right
here in Madison.  For this, we’ll let our souls merge with all our friends
and supporters that make African 2000 yet another milestone!  Please join us
on Saturday, August 19, 2000 at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention
Center. You’ll be glad you did.

For further questions, call the Festival Planning and Implementation
Committee:

(608) 258-0261
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web page: www.danenet.wicip.org/aam