AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"AAM (African Association of Madison)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Abdul R Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 08:23:56 -0500
All,
Thank you very much for your warm condolences and kind prayers for our  dear mother.  She was buried Monday,  March 6, in the Sierra Leone capital Freetown. We tried to have her taken to her home town, but the security is still a serious problem in the country. Two security clearances were needed; one from the government and the other from the rebel leader, to travel with the corpse. We were also informed that having the permits is no security guarantee.  Mother had always been very categorical about wanting her to be buried in her home town. But because of the security risk we could not fulfill her wish. We pray and only hope she forgives us for this. May the Almighty Allah grant her soul eternal peace

Once again thank you very much.

 Conteh family

        03/07/00 10:03 PM