AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"AAM (African Association of Madison)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Aliko SONGOLO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 16:05:34 -0600
Dear AAM Friends,

The message below was sent to the AAM list via the African Studies Program.
I am writing to remind you of the event tomorrow, and to emphasize
especially that the Memorial Service at Covenant Presbyterian Church will
begin very promptly at 5 p.m. If you cannot make it on time, feel free to
go directly to our house beginning about 7 p.m.  We are looking forward to
seeing you.
 Aliko Songolo/Emilie Ngo-Nguidjol

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Some of you may remember that I lost my brother a year ago in
Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. It is customary in my culture to remember the
event one year later and to put closure to the period of mourning ("Kutoa
pili" in Swahili). While this is being done in Tanzania and perhaps in
Congo as well, Emilie and I thought it would be proper for us to also do
something here in the community where we live, especially since we were
away in France when my brother died, and many friends have been asking
about him.

A memorial service will be held to celebrate the life of Frederic
Mwene-Lokole Songolo at Covenant Presbyterian Church (corner of Segoe and
Mineral Point)on Tuesday January 4 at 5 p.m. After the service all are
invited to dinner at our home, 310 Oldfield Road, Madison.

Please feel free to attend either event.

Aliko Songolo