From:
Sharon DeCew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 19:02:25 EDT

Has anyone had or has seizures because of Celiac Disease?  I have Celiac
and was
diagnosised over 15 years ago and have been on a strict diet.  I have a 20
year
history of seizures -that were few and far between.  One trip to the ER did
the
trick.  Now -this year -I have had 2 major seizures and lots of little ones.
The doctors think I am totally crazy!!  My seizures present like a mini stroke
-left side weakness, confusion, clinched jaw, stuttered speach -only my family
can understand me.  Now there are becomming worse -to the point my left leg
turns up and my arms are turned upward with clinched fists.  My arms and legs
are ridid.  I am given valium when the seizures are present.  It is taking me
longer and longer to recover from them.  Any help or suggestions.  I am on no
medication for seizures.

Thanks for your help in advance
Sharon