From:
EmmaJane Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 18:04:33 -0000

Dear Listmates,

On our trip to Louisville last week, we had the pleasure of going to the
Jim Beam distillery.  On this day they were very unexpectedly (and
uncharacteristically) handing out free samples of two of their best
bourbons.  I did not have any but did inquire about the gluten status of
their bourbons.  The kind shopkeeper was gracious enough to call the
wife of the distiller and then the distiller himself.  So straight from
the distiller's mouth, "No mash is added back to their bourbons."  So,
if you are a celiac who believes that all of the gluten is removed
during distillation or that the gluten that may remain is
physiologically undetectable, then you can have Jim Beam bourbons.

EmmaJane Adams
Danville, PA