Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 22:36:43 -0400

I'm sharing a reply from Muir Glen/General Mills about their organic tomato
puree.

They also make spaghetti sauces and other tomato-containing products.
Perhaps they don't know that gluten is not always listed on ingredients
labels ... or do they? How helpful was it to tell me to read the label? It
was obvious from the note I sent to them that I had done that.  Wouldn't it
be nice if we could trust all labels? And of course they didn't send me the
list I requested.

Any suggestions for an effective reply? Or maybe I will just let it go and
not buy their products.

Barrie in GA

>Original Message From: [log in to unmask]
>
>Would you please tell me as soon as possible if your canned tomato
puree is completely gluten-free? I don't see wheat or any other
gluten-containing ingredients on the label, but as a person with celiac
disease, I am aware that some tomato pastes, sauces, and purees contain
wheat as a thickener, although it is not listed on the label. Please let
me know. If you have a list of all your gluten-free food items, that
would be appreciated as well. I will share your response with my
international celiac list-serve. Thank you for your prompt reply.