From:
Heather Raskin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 09:18:37 EDT

I would suggest you to go to this other excellent site:
http://forums.delphi.com/celiac/start/ There is Abigail's gluten-free
food list and very caring and knowledgeable people to answer your questions.

I know that Ricola Herb cough drops are gluten free as well as Robitussin
cough medicines. You also may want to try Stash Teas.

All you need is 2,000 mg of vit C each and every day divide this  into
four times a day which is 500 and 25 mg of zinc twice a day  and lots of
water

use Fisherman's Friends cough lozenges.  I found it on a GF list
somewhere.  They help that tickle in the back of the throat cough.
Tylenol is GF.  Most teas, especially herb teas are fine.

Most of the Celestial Seasonings herb teas are GF.  Check the archives for a
list.  Also, their cough drops are GF.

Elderberry tea mixed with slippery elm tea (throat coat is one brand
name for slippery elm). Sip the mix throughout the day.

In addition, take 1,000 mg. of vit C 6 times per day.  If the vit C makes
your bowels loose, you can cut back a bit to your tolerance.

You should have the cold kicked in 3 days.

Ricola are GF, tea - celestial seasons tea bags are gf just be careful
they use barley and malt in some of their flavors, but these are clearly
labeled on each package; also tetley teas are gf and bromley teas (decaf
and regular). Go to abbie's list for gf meds.
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-index.html good luck and
get well soon.

Hot tea is fine.  So is Robitussin, Advil Cold and Sinus, and, I think,
Robitussin cough drops are OK among others (I think Ludens are OK).  Feel
better!!!  Have some chicken soup!!!

You can have Lipton tea bags. No problem.

Get some fresh ginger, sage, or lemon balm, tear or grate into small bits &
steep in hot water.  Honey is a good & helpful addition, especially in the
sage tea.

Also, your basic hot toddy, made with hot water, white rum, lemon and honey
is a great general anesthetic!

I know Hall's cough drops are ok.  I am not sure about medicines.  I know you
can ask the drugist and maybe get help there.

Eat as much fresh garlic as you can tolerate with bread, crackers,
whatever... even swallow small pieces.

Also, take fresh ginger tea.

All Robitussen products are GF!  Feel better!

Ricola cough drops and Robitussin cough drops are GF.  So is the Robitussin
cough syrup.