EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michel Bourget <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:33:16 -0500
Just as an aside......... "truly" disabled??  I am disable, much to the dismay
of many... I mask my disability quite well and don't wear a T shirt stating that
I am... This email is by no means an "attack" or "vent session".. Just that all
my life I have had to contend with "able bodied/fellow disable individuals
people" who's assumptions about my state of physical affairs have been wrong and
to be honest quite hurtful (maybe it's my motorcycle?)... I am able to function
normally with the help of Androgens (steroids) so I look like the poster boy for
health Canada...  :o) We should "truly" look at all the facts and have a little
more faith in our fellow man/woman...To be disabled isn't a "bonus" I would
trade every "possession" (ok maybe not the bike).. I have to be me again...

Any way... just thought I needed to add my five cents to the discussion... hope
I didn't offend anyone

have a great day

Michel<-- buff and disabled    :o)