From:
Lisa Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:24:58 -0400

Hi all,

I need to vent, I hope that that's okay.  I am 23, a
part-time university student with a  full time job and
I don't have family in Toronto (where I live).  I was
diagnosed through a biopsy with cd last february after
being sick for about a year and a half.  I immedietly
went gf and started feeling better last may.  It was a
major adjustment for me b/c I was a microwave dinner
kind of girl and all of a sudden I was cooking all of
my meals, but I adjusted pretty well.

I had a second biospy last Thursday and am awaiting
results.  I know that many people feel that a second
biopsy is unnecessary.  I opted for it b/c I am
curious to see how much I have healed.  My main
symptom was constipation and uncomfortable bowel
movements.  At this point I have NO conception of what
a "normal" person's "bathroom" routines are.  I find
this very frustrating b/c I am not "regular" and can
never figure out whether I am reacting to something
I've eaten or whether this is just "normal."  I know
this sounds confusing and for me it really is!

Lately, I have become so sick and tired of being so
anal about what I eat.  I KNOW that I have to be (no
lectures please) and I do try soooo hard...

My parents came to town for my biopsy and we had
dinner at a family friends.  I ate the potatoes the
host made which were seasoned.  I ate smoked meat
without contacting the manufacturer to ask about the
spices.

I feel terrible.  My bowel movements hurt.  I really
do try so so so hard, but sometimes I get so tired of
it all.  How does everyone cope with these feelings?

Words of support would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much for listening,
Lisa
Toronto