VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Gravitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Gravitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 20:55:29 -0400
Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread some, but not in detail.  In regards to
vending machines, has anyone thought that many machines will likely start
using the one-dollar coin instead of the bill.  I understand that the plan
is to phase out one-dollar bills altogether and move to using the coin only.
So, most machines will have to be re-engineered anyway.  They could be made
to accept the new coins at the same time they are made to use newer types of
paper currency.  Perhaps I am missing something here but it seems to me that
now might be the best time to make things happen.

Mike