From:
ETLehner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 20:23:46 -0400
Are you just saying that the USB keyboard will only work once Windows is
fully loaded?  If that's the case, that's normal, nothing's broken!  USB
isn't supported in DOS, nor even in Safe Mode.  That's the downside of
running mice and KBs through USB -- you can only use them in fully-loaded
Windows.  I had a USB mouse for a while, and I still plug it into a laptop
on occasion, but I gave up using it on my desktop machine because it kept
annoying me when I'd lose it in Safe Mode. Hard to remember all those
shift-tab sequences to make the focus move around on a mouseless screen <g>.
A USB KB would be an even worse proposition I think, because of the
inability to use it for text entry at non-Windows boots, where you can
usually get by without a mouse.

If I am misinterpreting your problem, though, then maybe someone else has a
better handle on what you are asking... ??

Eileen Lehner
8/20  2023edt

<snip>

> I should note that once Win98 starts I can disconnect the DIN KB
> connector and the KB would work with the USB port.
>
> Can anyone give me advice on this.  My guess is that it's a problem with
> the BIOS.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dick

                     visit our download web page at: