EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rick Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 22:06:33 -0500
You can get nut butters that are simply and only ground nuts;  I use almond
butter like this on apple slices as a snack.  In addition to sugar, you need
to know that transfats appear to be the true villain as to coronary artery
disease.  Most popular peanut butters are laden with trans fats.
Thankfully, the labels do reveal this as hydrogenated oils.  Finally,
peanuts are probably not an evolutionary food per the purists on the
subject.  They are legumes rather than nuts.  Rick