CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:08:12 -0500

Hi, all!  I am just introducing myself.  I am a mother of twin celiac boys,
 one of whom is a Type 1 diabetic.  They are 7 years old and have been
diagnosed with celiac since the summer of 1996, just before the start of
kindergarten.  And Joseph was diagnosed with diabetes June 20, 1994, before
starting pre-school.  I cannot believe how well they both handle their life
"differences". So far I consider myself lucky, but have been warned about the
teen years when it comes to both conditions.  They do talk about a cure for
both occasionally but otherwise act so acceptingly.
Mary,  in Kansas, USA