C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 00:53:04 +0800
On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 01:58:28AM -0400, Magenta Raine wrote:
     In any case, I'm not
    going to worry about walking.  I have much more energy to enjoy in my
    chariot, going places.

Totally agree Mag, the other thing I like about using the scooter is
that, if I'm with someone who has a heavy bag/bags or something
unwieldy they are carrying, I can offer to carry it for them on the
scooter.  That gives me SUCH a kick!!  For the first time in my life I
can provide a little bit of physical help to my friends, as well as
emotional help.
Emotionally, that makes me feel ten feet tall, and has been great for
my self esteem.

Rayna