NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
J Balbirnie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:53:31 -0400
Thanks I appreciate it.  I totally agree with you about working with the kids and both my boys if they are not "comfortable" sometimes even if I say I read a label or asked and it's ok they will tell me they don't want to take a chance.  I have taught my boys that they are the ones that have to be able to manage their allergies as they become grownups and even though I may prompt them now as to what to order, I still have them order so that they get used to doing it themselves.  They are both 10 now.  Our school thinks I should be the one doing the talking for them.  I disagree I have taught them to question, question question and we go over the school menu's together.  I feel confidant that as they get older and Mommy is not around they will make "safe" choices.  When we are in doubt and If in a restaurant and the server doesn't get it, we usually ask if they can make plain, dry pasta.  No butter, no cheese, no sauce.  Then we add the olive oil ourselves.
Beth