NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
diana mains-welte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 08:23:17 -0700
hello all..   ive been lurking lately bc i do alterations and it's PROM SEASON..  (ack ack ack)  :-)       i just wanted to let everyone know that my daughter, Jordan, age 22, allergic to milk in all forms,  is doing extremely well ..    her skin has completely cleared thanks to antibiotics (oral and topical) and she is doing well on the new foodstyle (her word b/c she doesnt like the word diet)  ...  she does miss pizza and we have yet to find tofutti pizzas in our area and we've looked...    also grilled cheese sandwhiches just arent the same with the non cheese brands but she can live with that... i have to admit that i am appalled at the lack of compassion from the school systems shown in the posts about the school issues..   as a former teacher ( i did long term subs for 20 + years), your primary concern should be for the welfare of all your students individually, not the majority...  it would break my heart to see any one of my students unable to learn b/c of a serious distraction and this certainly fits the bill in my book...    i cant imagine how any parent could be so callous as to worry about their own little jane or johnny not being able to have cake in the classroom for a birthday when their classmate would be ill b/c they do...   unbelievable..  what a message of selfishness that sends..   Good luck on all your endeavours..   here's hoping you are successful. hope this finds everyone well.   in loving friendshipdiana in ky (where the sun is FINALLY shining)