NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 23:45:21 -0500
Please forgive me if you have already received this letter......I just got the formal invite today for the Food Allergy Awareness Fundraiser and I, again, wanted to share this with all of you.  Please feel free to pass it on to anyone and everyone you think may be interested!! If you are interested in receiving a formal invitation, please respond to this email with your mailing address or call us at 973-447-0944.  Thanks from the bottom of our hearts!!!

Dearest Friends and Family,

As you know, Food Allergy Awareness is not only an important cause for us, but a daily matter of life and death, as the parents of a child with severe food allergies. Food Allergy education and awareness is imperative to ensure the safety of our son Tyler, and the six million Americans, most of whom are children, with food allergies. YOU can help!

May 11-17, 2003 has been declared Food Allergy Awareness Week. To "kick off" this all-important event, the Food Allergy and Asthma Support Group of North Jersey, of which we are members, is having a Dinner Fundraiser to benefit food allergy research and awareness, on the evening of Tuesday, May 6th.  I am attaching a copy of the invite, and would be happy to send you a "real" invite!!

What a day for such a momentous event: May 6th--Tyler's 2nd birthday!! There is, in our opinion, no greater celebration of, and tribute to Tyler's 2nd birthday and Tyler's life--a life that we have learned, over the past year, is so precious and so fragile--than to support Food Allergy research and awareness, and the group that has meant so much to us!

There are no words to express the ordeal that our family has been through over the past year, and impact that food allergies have had and will continue to have on our lives. It has been, without a doubt, the most sobering and emotional experience of our lives! It would mean an enormous amount to us to have you, the people who love and care about Tyler the most, join us on his birthday to support the group that has been, and continues to be, our LIFELINE (literally and figuratively). They have taught us not only how to feed and care for Tyler without endangering his life, but have also supported us when we felt helpless and hopeless in what is the overwhelming task of parenting a food allergic child.

As the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN) says "Until there's a cure, education is the key!" Please remember, YOU can help..."We're All In This Together!" We hope to see you for dinner on May 6th, to celebrate Tyler's 2nd birthday, and to help raise funds to promote research and awareness of food allergies! Thank you for your constant love and support, especially over this past year!

Our love and gratitude,
Nancy and Joe

PLEASE JOIN US FOR
A DINNER FUNDRAISER
TO BENEFIT
FOOD ALLERGY RESEARCH
TUESDAY, MAY 6, 2003
6:30 PM
DANIELLE'S, AN ITALIAN BISTRO
219 MAIN STREET
CHATHAM, NEW JERSEY
www.DaniellesBistro.com

        Basket Raffle
        Silent Auction                                                                 A portion of the
        B.Y.O.B.                                                                          proceeds to benefit
        For more info, call                                                         Food Allergy Initiative
        Peggy @ (908) 221-0614

"My  SONS are my greatest accomplishment and the opportunity to raise THEM is my greatest challenge"