NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
rene spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 22:55:54 GMT
Has anyone else had a similar experience?  Our one-year-old was in the
hospital this week for several days.  At check in and repeatedly (when each
meal was brought in) we expressed that our daughter has a severe milk
allergy and that she cannot have any food that has dairy, including
margarine, whipped topping, gravies, etc.  The first night it took three
trays and two and a half hours to get a dairy free tray.  By check out, they
were doing better - dairy free except for the chocolate milk shake.   The
nurses had the kitchen call me twice, but the problem still continued.
Because we were there and were able to monitor and protect, it's almost
funny.  But if we had stepped out for a moment at meal time . . .

Thanks,

Rene