C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 19:07:24 +0000
On Saturday 17 March 2001  5:24 pm, K. Salkin wrote:
> I love to read, all kinds of books!  Right now, I'm reading an
> autobiography of Georgiania Spencer, Duchess of Devonshire, an
> autobio of St. Therese of Seville, a book on Visual Basic, a book
> on ancient scientific mysteries, and a romance novel to recover
> from all that heavy  reading!
>
> My favorite heroine is Elizabeth Bennet in "Pride and Prejudice" as
> she's smart and doesn't let anyone intimidate her, least of all Mr.
> Darcy, who's used to intimidating people.  And Elizabeth's looks
> are on the plain side, too; at least she's not as pretty as her
> older sister, Jane or her youngest sister, Lydia.
>
>             Kathy

Ahh, Jane, my all time favourite!! (My thesis at University was "Jane
Austen: a study in late 18th century conduct books"). What am I doing
working in computing for a Stockbroker, well a degree in English &
History does not mix too well with CP and Employment. Wanted to be an
archivist, but couldn't see them letting me use a "Page Turner" on a
Gutenberg Bible!!!

Cheers

Deri