C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cheryl Kloss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:30:09 -0600
Jenn,

I have been reading all of your IBT emails.  I have seen some really awesome
and awful results from the pumps over the past several years.

I believe you owe yourself two things...one some time...to step back and
look at what has happened to you over the past several months....

After you have given yourself a little time....then you should better be
able to judge for yourself what you should do.  I can assure you the pump
trials (both positive and negative) do not always indicate the eventual
success or failure of the pump.  Therefore, knowing that....if you yourself
are willing to once again go through all the burdens of the test etc....and
believe it offers you opportunities worth seeking.....then by all means find
a different team....and try it again.

I have a friend whose daughter had a minor stroke etc during her
trial....the trial was the most miserable and negative outcome anyone could
ever have had during a trial....to make a long story short about 18months
later they decided to do another trial...with a different team....the trial
indicated the pump placement was a good option....the pump was placed and a
year later the child is doing AWESOME.

I believe if you are a prayerful person, turning it over to God and letting
him give you the answer on his timetable would set you free from the burden
of worry.

Cheryl Kloss
mostly lurker Mom to 8 year old twins with CP and a variety of other
interesting "issues"