C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
PATRICK COOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 21:40:39 -0700
Hi everyone:

Yesterday while attending an Annual Meeting for a disabilities group I'm involved with, I had the pleasure to meet the producer of an upcoming TV show focusing on ORDINARY persons with disabilities.  This show, entitled "Broken Wings" is looking for stories from people just like you and me as it's all about people with disabilities and the daily routines which we all have.   The Producer's name is Sara Caldwell.

Now, while they can't guarantee that you'll be chosen for an interview or be put on national TV, they do have a website devoted to the series where you can find out more information.  The website address is http://www.brokenwings.tv/  It's an Angelfire hosted site with a dot tv domain name.

I've already submitted MY request to be considered, and after seeing the presentation Ms. Caldwell put on, I **HIGHLY** recommend that you also consider doing the same.  This is a TOP NOTCH production.  NO ACTORS ARE USED!!!  Afterall, this is a documentary on persons with disabilities.

Blind users take note, IE tends to continually attempt to load the page because it (for some odd reason) can't read the ad bar which appears at the bottom of the screen (Netscape 4.79 has no problem with this), so you may want to use something like Opera or some other IE-clone instead or simply go to http://www.angelfire.com/va3/lica/bwings001.htm (this is the direct "Broken Wings" page on Angelfire).  But in any case, it is possible to find the SHARE YOUR STORY link or just simply go to http://www.angelfire.com/va3/lica/bwings005.htm (this is the direct link to SHARE YOUR STORY).

I plan on sharing MY story and I hope you do too!!!  This is EXACTLY the kind of publicity we need in this day and age.  :-)

I'll keep you all posted if I get selected or not and I hope you all do the same.  It'd be nice if just one of us made it onto the show.  :-)

Cheers for now my friends...  :-)

Patrick Cook
Denver, Colorado
http://home.talkcity.com/MinivanAve/patrick32/