From:
JOHN JACQUES <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 10:54:35 -0700
Hi Anthony and all.

No, the 817 does not have a speech option, as usual.  Some of you may
remember the letter I wrote a couple of years to the ARRL about this subject.
Yaesu only has three rigs that offer speech, the FT2700R, which was a dual
band mobile, the FT736R, which a multi-mode multi-band Vhf/Uhf base rig
and the FT847, which is HF and six meters. [C [C [C [CThe FT817 sounds like a neat rig, but unfortunatly, we will probably havto wait for Kenwood to come out with it's version, which will probably include
speech.

73 and 88 whare appropriate:
John

--
John Jacques,  Amateur Radio Station KG7FA,
Apache Junction, Arizona