Walt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 07:21:27 -0400
Dana -

The Sony has a couple of problems, the worst of which is that the contact
post for the positive end of the AA batteries that retain the memories; and
that must be installed for the radio to work at all; is broken.  There are a
couple of other things that also need replacing and bench costs are _so_
blasted high that I'm wondering if it's really worth spending maybe $150 or
more to get it repaired.  I had some work done on it four or five years ago
by a local Sony service facility here in Raleigh and that bill was $100 and
change then.  If I decide to go the repair route ... which I may do ... can
anybody recommend a really top-notch Sony service facility?  Time was when
you owned any Sony product, you could send it to their U.S. headquarters
service facility but they don't seem to give you that address any more.  I'm
open to considering repairs but if I do, I want to know for sure that it's
going to be treated like a three-thousand-dollar transciever and that
everything will be gone over from stem to stern while it's in the shop.

--
Walt Smith - Raleigh, NC