From:
"Nathan, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:05:15 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Freeman [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 11:50 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Accessible Rotators

Who wants to fiddle with a computer just to turn a
beam/quad/quagi/colinear/etc.?

I do.  Using a program like Xmlog, I can use JFW to read the packet window
which I have set up logged into our local dx packet cluster.  When a spot
comes in I can click on the frequency to have my IC746 moved there and then
click on the callsign to turn a beam if I choose.  Why not have some of the
fun our sighted peers can with this level of automation?

Kevin Nathan, Independent Living Coordinator
Department of Services for the Blind
3411 S. Alaska
Seattle, Wa 98118
Voice:  (206) 721-6450