From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:12:42 -0600
I DO NOT HAVE A FEEL FOR THE VX1 BUT LIKE THE VX5 A GREAT DEAL.  I WOULD RATHER HAVE 220 THAN SIX METERS THOUGH.  Our activity in this area on six is negligible.  We do have a remote base on 220 that would be nice to use but signals are weak for some reason but have not tried a resonant antenna on that one yet.  Programming is not too bad as I started with a template and rdf from another ham here and have quite a bit in the box at this time including all local repeaters and public service frequencies.  I have these in two memory groups so can scanned ham or public service or boat.  I need to add the FRS channels and some  repeaters in the next ring of travel outside of the local area as sometimes traveling for camping etc.  I would also like to build a set for FM and TV broadcast but have not done this , but have just used the vfo for these purposes.
the software is quite JFW friendly.

Thank You!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM

READING SERVICES MANAGER
ICBVI - IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED
P O BOX 83720
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
208-334-3220 ext 104 or 103 +7 = voice mail non-business hours
fax  208-334-2963

>>> Jody Ianuzzi <[log in to unmask]> 07/17/01 06:44PM >>>
How do you like your VX5?  I have a VX1 and I find it is a pain to program
because it only has 5 buttons.

Jody KB1DCS