From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 09:15:47 -0600
Hi Chuck,

If it's still available, Ten-Tec makes something they call an ALC
Enunciator, which will not only tell you when you have reached one hundred
watts, but the audio gain will be the way you need it for single sideband.
When I got mine, the price was thirty-nine dollars and ninety-five cents. I
had them send one to me, and my husband's son installed it for me. It beeps
real loud for eight seconds, allowing one to back down the drive just a
little bit. Drive and ALC are the same thing in the Omni C. I have an Omni
C here with the ALC Enunciator in it, of course. Also the 299 Frequency
read-out which speaks.

Reeva, K8DMU