From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 19:30:53 -0800
I'm afraid I must strongly disagree. You don't have to trust your fellow
VE; you can bring your own observer whom you *do* trust. And lest you
protest that this is chating, do you want to go back to the days
(current law in Ethopia) wherein you are not allowed to sign *any*
document without a witness signing for you because you couldn't read the
document? I think not.

Blind persons have been proctoring exams for many years with no
difficulties. This cheating bit is a big red herring, I believe. In
fact, I'd bet that the cheating incidents to date have involved *shgted*
VE's. Following that logica, no one with sight ought to be one, eh?

Just my $0.02-worth!
Mike Freeman
Amateur Radio: K 7 U I J
E-mail: [log in to unmask]