From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 19:27:59 -0800
Hi, Shirley.

I am not currently a blind VE but hold my Extra and have contemplated it
in the past. I have the application form here and the current VE manual
in print from ARRL. Bart Jahnke and Ed Hare of ARRL staff both know I'm
blind and have no problem with it. In general, ARRL's policy is if the
VE team you'd be working with has no problem with blind VEs, then ARRL
doesn't. ARRL will gladly certify you as a blind VE. I have heard there
were problems with W5YI but can't vouch for this.

As for experiences, my local club VE manager thought I *was* a VE and
called to sign me up for testing dates. Just shows you they had no
problems with it, either.

88!
Mike Freeman
Amateur Radio: K 7 U I J